- Is there a reason why the main page is protected? — Danielwang-x 22:54, 26 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Only one, and that being that the individual known as Atlantis knows his way around Wikis, and tends to alter them in annoying ways. I need to check up on what I can restore from page histories and deleted files first. And will do so soon. Karmagraphik
I'm trying to send links to 'Joinee' or 'Joinees' direct to the page named 'Joinee', with details of what a Joinee is and who they are. Likewise links to 'Danny' I'm trying to set up so that they go direct to 'Danny Wallace' rather than 'Danny', then getting redirected. Still, I may review this further, having a seperate page for 'Danny Wallace' (the professional journalist) and 'Danny' (the Leader and general friendly bloke).
Currently I'm trying to weed out 'redirects' (where one page automatically redirects towards another with a similar title), by setting up links that go to the correct pages.
Also note my preference to spell 'Joinee' with a cap 'J'. That's just a personal preference.
Also note that the Google ads along the side of the page tie in directly with the words used on a particular page. For example, the ads on pages that mention ' The Book' tend to be ads about God and Jesus. Ooops!
N.B. Above suggestions by Si Brake (User:Karmagraphik).
Kieran - do you think it might be worth moving Yes Man and Citizens off the main page and link them as "other projects" from one of the Danny / Leader pages? Just removes more clutter. Silver Joinee Collins 16:32, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree, does anybody mind? Joinee K 16:37, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Right, two hours is more than enough consultation time, I'm sure you'll agree ;) I've spruced up the page quite a bit. Joinee K 18:47, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- And a lovely job you have done of it Sir! Silver Joinee Collins 19:05, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)